A Charm of Magpies Full Terms and Conditions
- www.acharmofmagpies (the site) is owned and operated by Rook & Magpie Ltd, Registered Company Number 10731616. Registered office is 89 Middlewood Rd, Sheffield, S6 4GX.
- The terms contained in this document (Terms and Conditions) apply to all transactions for the purchase of products from the Site. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before ordering from the Site. By ordering any products from the Site you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Trading Terms. They form a legal agreement between you and us and can only be amended with our consent. You can print a copy of these Terms and Conditions by selecting the print option from the “File” menu of your browser.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice by changing them on the Site, provided that any such change will not affect any purchases you have made before the change is implemented.
- All orders placed by you are subject to acceptance by us. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances.
Prices and payment
- The prices of products advertised for sale on the Site are as set out on the Site. All prices are in pounds (£) sterling, inclusive of taxes where applicable. Prices and delivery charges displayed are valid and effective only in the United Kingdom.
- Prices may change at any time prior to (but not after) acceptance of your order.
- We cannot accept your order until you have paid for it in full.
- By using a credit/debit card or a Paypal payment to pay for your order, you confirm that the card or account being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order, we will not be obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal, and we will not be liable for non-delivery. We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order. If the Paypal payment is rejected, we will not accept your order, we will not be obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal, and we will not be liable for non-delivery.
- In the unlikely event that the price of an item has been incorrectly advertised on the Site, we will contact you by email or telephone to ask whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or we are unable to obtain your instructions, we will cancel the order. Unless we have already confirmed despatch of your order, we will not be obliged to supply products at the incorrect price.
Cancellations and returns
- We guarantee to refund any non-customised item you are not completely happy with when you return it to us within 14 days of receipt. Refunds will be credited to your original method of payment and will be processed within seven days of receipt of the goods. This means the credit to a payment card or Paypal account may take up to ten working days from receipt of goods. Unless the item is damaged or faulty, we will not refund the costs of return postage.
- Refunds on returns are subject to goods being returned in saleable condition or, in the event of faulty goods, subject to inspection and agreement of Rook & Magpie Ltd.
- Where customisation is limited to chain length, cancellation and returns will be refunded as per paragraph 10. Rook & Magpie may also cancel and refund customised orders at their discretion – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If any product you purchase is damaged or faulty when delivered to you we may offer a repair, exchange or refund as appropriate, in accordance with your legal rights. If you believe a product is faulty, you should notify us by email and return the product to the address we specify in our return email to you, in its original wrappings, in accordance with the provisions above WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING THE ITEM. You should include photographs of damaged item/damaged packaging in the original email notifying us that you consider the product to be damaged or faulty.
- We will refund your return postage for damaged/faulty items only to the value of Royal Mail 2nd Class signed for.
- Our policy on faulty products does not affect your legal rights.
- We have taken reasonable steps to display as accurately as possible the colours and other detailing of our products in the images that appear on the Site. However, as the actual colours and detailing you see onscreen will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour or other detailing will exactly reflect the colour or detailing of the product upon delivery.
- Any information on the Site regarding sizing of products is included as a guide only. If you are in any doubt as to the size of any product you require, we recommend that you contact us prior to placing an order. Due to the difficulty of measuring some items accurately, there may be a small difference of 2-3mm in the stated size.
- We will not be liable to you where performance of any of our obligations is prevented or restricted by any circumstance or cause beyond our reasonable control.
- You are responsible for the use you make of the products you order. To the extent not prohibited by law, we accept no liability for any loss which is not reasonably foreseeable or for any business loss (which includes loss of profits, contracts, goodwill, opportunity and other similar losses).
- Nothing in this section or elsewhere in our Trading Terms affects your statutory legal rights.
- By using ‘Signed for’ postage we try to limit the instances of parcels being lost in the post. If you have not received your purchases within 7 days of dispatch, please let us know. We will endeavour to track your purchase through Royal Mail and notify you of the outcome. Please note that Royal Mail only consider a parcel to be ‘lost’ 10 working days after the due date of delivery (ie, 13 working days after posting). Only if your parcel is classed as ‘lost’ by Royal Mail, will we refund your purchase price and postage costs or send out a replacement item.
- Any formal legal notices should be sent by email and confirmed by post.
- Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right. You may not assign or transfer your rights under these Trading Terms.
- If any part of these Trading Terms is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these Trading Terms shall be unaffected and shall remain in force.
- You and we agree that English law applies to these Trading Terms and that any dispute between us arising out of or in connection with these Trading Terms will only be dealt with by the English courts. We are required by law to inform you that purchases can be concluded in English only and that no public filing requirements apply.